Saturday, April 17, 2010

Future Show.

Hola a todos,

I am working hard since the last 3 years about a series of paintings that are coming along very nicely. I am taking aggressive moves and making a shift from my previous direction.

This series is about people and the Big Apple. I collected a lot of drawings, photos and research material after all our trips to Manhattan since 2004. We have spent an average of 2 trips a year but the busiest times where when we spent 2 full weeks every two months in Manhattan. We even had to pay NYC taxes for all the days we spent there during a couple of years.

Thanks to all this trips and being located in a nice hotel in Bryant Park (Midtown Manhattan), I was able to walk all over the Island. I went to the majority of Art Galleries in Chelsea, SoHo and the 57th Street. I visited all the biggest Museums and also the not so famous. I talked to a lot of New Yorkers and we ate in very good restaurants.

Anyway, all was going really good those trips to NYC. I really felt like we lived the life of a New Yorker in a very real way. We had a kitchen and we did groceries and other normal things people do in a day.

I have over 15 pieces, from small to large ones, at 60% completion. I am planning on having a few more to then move on creating a portfolio to then market the pieces and get a great show.

Thanks,


Santiago Zarzosa

No comments: